First, publishing something a day after a previous post is something I never do. I can spend days working on post before it sees the light of day. This is for several reasons:
- I have a job, so that is where most of my focus throughout the week goes into.
- I like to think not throwing something out there daily gives more people the opportunity to view my previous material.
- It gives me a chance to brainstorm and truly put some heart into what I write.
- I’m not always in a writing mood.
Here I am now, with some free time wanting to challenge myself. Can I write and publish something good in a day, and a day after a previous post? Let’s see. Finger crossed. What can I talk about?
You may or may not have noticed a funny looking guy in two previous posts of mine. A dashing, cartoonish guy with glasses; a box haircut; and a neat, well trimmed beard. That funny looking guy is is called a Bitmoji, and he is supposed to be me. Say hello.
Bitmoji David was born on February 10, 2017. Like the pains women endure during child birth, his coming into the world was not an easy one. Why, because it was a struggle putting him together. Believe it or not I actually had to glance in the mirror several times to make sure I did myself justice.
All these thoughts came to mind as I was editing.
- Gotta get that skin tone right. Am I more dark chocolate or am I a Hershey’s bar?
- You know darn well you don’t have that much muscle. Go for a smaller build.
- Is this the right eye shape or did I make myself look Asian?
- Is it just me, or does this dude have a better box haircut than me. It’s not fair!
- Yeah, I think I’ll pass on those forehead lines.
- Could they not have more styling glasses to choose from?
After about 15 minutes of tinkering and cracking my side at my sad attempts, Bitmoji David was born.
The first person to view my Bitmoji was my best friend Bianca, and her immediate reaction was…
Staring at my mini me, I thought, why limit using these avatars on Snapchat, where posts will only be there for a couple of hours before they’re gone forever? I decided to incorporate the Bitmoji into my blog. I thought this would be a good idea because:
- It is a good last resort when I can’t find images that are relevant to a topic.
- It adds more creativity to my blog.
- It is a good way to grab readers’ attention.
If you’re a blogger and also own the Bitmoji app, I highly recommend incorporating your avatars into your pieces. Thank you and…