Hey friends and family. As the title alludes to, today is my 26th Birthday. Still haven’t found a gray hair, so I’m feeling pretty good. Let’s see if folks can get my age right as the year goes by. It’s a struggle. In honor of my birthday I thought I would just share 26 random facts on about myself.
1. Contrary to the perception of Christianity in today’s society, I’m not the one to condemn anyone just because they live their lives differently. You may live your life the way you want. All I ask is that you do the same for me. I’m easy to get along with.
2. Sometime If I’m struggling on a word I look for a substitution. For the most part I just take my time and work my way through it.
3. I have never seen nor read Harry Potter. To be fair the books and films were barred from my house. That and I’ve never been into that type of genre. I’m sure it’s a great story, just look how big of a fan base it has.
4. My second favorite color is purple, and I’m not afraid to wear it.
5. My favorite type of underwear is boxers. I’ll spare you a picture of me sporting them.
6. I wear cologne everyday, even it’s not a church day.
7. I’m not a skilled music reader. If I’m being honest I learn music by ear. I’m able to harmonize along with other singers by listening to the melody and deciding in my head what sounds nice and right.
8. I like writing poetry, but I don’t think my poems are that good.
9. I love wearing dashikis.
10. One of my favorite words is “excellent”.
11. I’m the only male in my immediate family who didn’t join a military branch. Father(Army), Brother Mike(Airforce), Brother Chris(Navy), Me(Straight to college after grade school)
12. I often look to others for input and advice before making a decision.
13. One of the reasons why I have a full beard is so people will stop mistaking me for a teenager.
14. I despise rebel flags. Whether you’re prejudice or not I just hate the ugly history behind them.
15. I love Star Trek. What I love most about it is the concept of a future where humanity is free of disease, famine, war, poverty, money, and discrimination. Humanity in the future works to better itself.
16. I fear bees and wasp. Either of them flies near me I duck and dodge.
17. My favorite apps to use for blog graphics are Canva and Live Collage.
18. I’ve never smoked weed and don’t want to try it.
19. People say I look like a priest when I wear a white shirt under my black work dress uniform, especially when I have my Bible near me.
20. One writer that inspires me is Dorothy Allison, for her belief in not being afraid to talk about issues of the world.
21. My private IG account is handsomeharris7_gov and my public is david.speaks7. Follow me if you’d like.
22. My brother Mike calls me Selfie King because I take so many pictures.
23. I’m a DANCING MACHINE!!!!!!
24. Though single, yet not miserable, I would love to be in relationship where the person I’m with makes me feel at ease, rather than on edge, and can be as good to me as me with them. Just haven’t found such a person yet.
25. Please don’t flame me for this…..I’ve never seen The Godfather. I promise I’ll see it one of these days.
26. I’m a songbird now and forever. I still believe my gift comes from Jesus Christ, and I could not be more thankful that He blessed me with such a gift.
I hope you feel like you know me a little bit better. God bless.