World Smile Day happens every year on October 5, a day to remind us to smile more and be of good cheer. But I believe every day is a day to have a good expression on our faces and be of good spirit.
“A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by the sorrow of the heart, the spirit is broken.” – Proverbs 15: 13 NKJV
I will be the first to admit, it is challenging to be of good spirit when you’re busting your backside at work, dealing with loads of schoolwork; arguing with someone; or dealing with loss, but what can help you through it is thinking about the things that do make you smile.
What makes me smile is:
- Believing Christ exists and that he does love me.
- Sharing what I learn about Christ
- When people follow my blog, or least give it a read
- Singing as I work hectic work hours
- Thinking about my lady and being with her every chance I get
- Hearing I love you
- Hearing my parents say they are proud of me.
- Seeing people get along.
- Talking to Christ in prayer and I sound fluent while I’m doing it
- Walking in a store filled with suits.
- Hearing something positive on the news.
- Writing in my journal
- When people say thank you
- Sitting by the Cumberland River
- Reading a good book
Friends and family, I encourage you to go about your day having a merry heart and to smile more, because as Proverbs 17:22 says, “A merry heart does good like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.
What about you, what makes you smile?