Hello everyone. I hope everyone has been doing really good. I know it’s been a while since my last life update. I’ve just been living in the moments and enjoying them day after day.
What Have I Been Up To?:
- Last night, I spent time with Courtni and her family. I played the strategic board game Risk for the first time. I apparently lasted long for a person who had never played and asked questions. I held unto territories in Africa and defended them to the very end. Yes that’s right the motherland got invaded. Somewhere Chadwick Boseman aka King T’Challa weeps at my failure.
- On October 16, Courtni and I went to Boyd’s Pumpkin patch. I was determined to make sure she did something fun for her Fall Break, even if it was just a two day deal. Yep that’s college for you, so glad those days are done for me. I was concerned our plans would change because of the weather, but God answered my prayers and held the rains back long enough so we could enjoy ourselves. It was our first time that we both visited a pumpkin patch and sunflower field. We first journeyed through a corn maze, which apparently someone once got lost in for over an hour. I believe it. I couldn’t quite keep track of my own footprints and there were paths that were just simply going around in a circle to throw us off. After about 25 minutes, we managed to make our way to an exit. We then were truly captivated as we walked through a sunflower field, filled with flowers that were almost up to my chest. For the longest time I couldn’t find sunflowers in a store, so a field full of my lady’s favorite flowers seemed like a golden opportunity to make her smile.
- Two weeks ago at church, we held another Pathfinders/ Adventurers meeting. With my good friend and co instructor away, I asked our director Jose Alba to help with the lesson. As a team, the class was tasked with writing down all the books of the New Testament. For every correct book that was in order, they got a couple pieces of candy. I was really impressed that they were able to get them all correct. The next activity the youth played was Bible Sword Drill. Brother Jose read out a scripture, and the class had to turn the pages of their bibles as fast as they could to the scripture, and then read it aloud. Whoever read it first won the round and received a piece of candy. Next time I think I may hold back on the treats, because it is quite challenging getting kids to sit and pay attention when they’re on a sugar high. Overall, the class seemed to enjoy the activities. What I was trying to show them was that as followers of Christ it is important to always be ready and set in God’s word, because you never know when you may need to minister to others.
- From October 14 to October 20, I decided to challenge myself in blogging and ministering by doing my own personal blog challenge. For seven days straight, I shared scriptures and short testimonies. Seven seemed a appropriate number to shoot for because of my religious denomination. I got such a blessing from doing this. Sometimes I wonder if my blog is a bit boring. But what matters in the end is that I enjoy what I’m doing and putting out there. One of those things I enjoy is talking about Jesus.
- Lately, Courtni and I have been having one on one bible studies with each other. Dates and entire days with her are fun, but being able to come together to just pray and talk about Christ is just as wonderful. I highly recommend you and your significant other make some time for God together.