Good day friends and family. Those of you who know enough about me know that I’m a sucker for anything music related. I was fortunate to come across a fun tag by Castles and Hurricanes called the 18 Songs Tag. If you haven’t gotten a chance to check out her blog, go check it out! Just a heads up, you may not recognize a few of these songs I’m about to answer with. I listen to a wide variety of good music, some of which is before my time. Here we go.
1. Favorite Song: “I Swear” by All-4 – One. This song will forever be my favorite, as it brings me back to when I was a child feeling young; innocent; and without a care in the world. As a child, I would belt this song out at the top of my lungs in my car seat, during car rides with my family.
2.Song you hate: “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus
3. Song you listen to again and again: “I’d Die Without You” by P.M. Dawn. If you haven’t listened to the contemporary/hip hop/ rap duo you are missing out. Their music has a poetic, psychedelic, spiritual feel to it that you down to earth people will love.
4. Song you don’t like but still sing because it’s repetitive: “Sexy & I know it” by LMFAO.
5. Song you heard so many times that you now hate it: Hate no, but I’ve heard “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars so many times on the radio that I switch to a different song. No disrespect. I still like the guy and his music.
6. Song that makes you dance crazy: “Shut Up and Dance- Walk the Moon
7. Song(s) for depressive times: “Blessings” by Laura Story, “More to this Life”- Stephen Chapman, “At the Cross” by Hillsong, “What a Beautiful Name” by Hillsong, “I’m Your Angel” by Celine Dion & R. Kelly, “Suffering” by War On Drugs, “The World Spins Madly On” by The Wheepies, “Imagine” by John Lennon, “In the Jungle” by The Tokens
8. Song(s) that make you feel like you can actually sing like a superstar: “I Just Called to Say I Love You” by Stevie Wonder, “All of Me” by John Legend, “If I Ever Fall in Love” by Shai
9. Favorite songs from the same album: “I’m a Mess” by Ed Sheeran, “Tenerife Sea” by Ed Sheeran, “Afire Love” by Ed Sheeran, “Photograph” by Ed Sheeran
10. Song(s) you want in your wedding: “Afire Love” by Ed Sheeran, “All My Life” by K-Ci & JoJo, “Tell Me It’s Real” by K Ci & Jojo, “Truly Madly Deeply” by Savage Garden, “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” by Michael Jackson. “If I Never Knew You” by Jon Secada and Shanice, “Perfect For Me” by Ron Pope
11. Song you are thinking of right now: “Lights Down Low” by MAX
12. Song that your brother/sister/BFF is obsessed with: My best friend is crazy about “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
13. Song you are listening to right now: “Tell Me It’s Real” by K Ci & Jojo
14. What kind of melody do you think your blog transmits: “He Lives In You” by Lebo M. Yes that is the opening song from the Lion King 2. With how often I speak of my Heavenly Father on this blog, I think it is safe to say that He lives in me.
15. Song that should be played at your funeral: This is My Father’s World” by Maltie D. Babcock
16 Song you put on to go into the shower: I don’t listen to music in the shower. It’s just me serenading myself as I’m getting clean.
17. First song that you heard from your favorite band/singer: “Lego House” by Ed Sheeran. My heart soared with I later learned that Ed Sheeran had a speech impediment growing up, as I do.
18. What song(s) people don’t expect you to know: “I Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley,” “Unchained Melody”, “Music of the Night” from Phantom of the Opera.
I hope you enjoyed this fun post. Fun fact: it took some time and some deep though to do this because I’m such a huge music lover. I invite everyone to participate in the 18 Song Tag. I look forward to reading your answersX Keep blasting your music, build up your playlists, keep singing, and have a great day.