We are coming to the end of the road of another year. A year doesn’t seem like a long time once you have hit the big 365. Around this time we each like to share our highlights of the year and set goals for next. Drive is good, and appreciating the good times can remind us to be happy with what we have. What’s just as good as the two is reflecting on the lessons we learn. I learned quite a few lessons this year.
1. Some things I just need to leave in God’s hands. If I try to control a situation and fail to, I will only be disappointed. My Savior is powerful enough to handle anything.
2. Seven hours of sleep and going to bed early is essential.
3. If a situation seems too unbearable and I feel myself unable to even function, I can call out to God and He will respond.
4. It is good to take care of others and volunteer when I can, but if I’m not taking care of myself I won’t be a help to anybody.
5. Smiling is good medicine.
6. Each day I should think of at least three things I am blessed with.
7. I am allowed to say “no”. A little time with Jesus makes all the more difference.
8. God is with me even when I think I’m alone.(This lesson I learned long ago, but I still need to be reminded every now and then.)
What lessons will you be taking with you in the upcoming year?