Merry Christmas Eve and Happy Holidays fam! I pray that everyone is safe at home warm and with power during this bone chilling weather. I lay here under this electric blanket wondering what I can share during this holiday season, for it’s been a long time. One thing I think anyone can share with another is what they are grateful for.
1. Grateful to have been blessed with an amazing partner. Courtni, from checking on me throughout the day right down to being a woman who prays, I love you with all my heart. Yes I do appreciate your sense of humor too.
2. I am grateful for the Christian radio stations K-Love and WayFM. For the past few years I have tuned into both stations as I’m driving to and from work. The light hearted humor, encouragement, brief stories, and uplifting Christian music brings light to me when I feel a little dark inside.
3. Grateful to this day I do not have to work on Saturday. This is the one time of the week I don’t have to stress about making it to a location on time or making a check. Beyond hearing a sermon, I appreciate hearing feedback during sabbath school in which everyone is free to express their opinion and to answer questions. It’s always nice ending the sabbath with the Adventist Youth Program in uplifting tunes; fellowship; spiritual learning activities; prayer; and devotions.
4. Grateful that unseen angels guided me through the hard wind and countless snowflakes on the way home this past Thursday evening. It might have been wiser for me to have just stayed home, but by the grace of God I made it home. I pray that all those who have to travel will reach their destinations safely and that someone who cares about you is waiting for you.
6. Grateful to be off work at present and off Christmas Day and the day after too.
5. Grateful that this week I got to attend Church prayer meeting. Since our congregation started facilitating the services again. As a child I didn’t much care to attend, but as an adult out in the world I realize how essential hearing from and seeing your brothers and sisters is.
7. Grateful for the gift of writing. Sometimes I get discouraged about not being able to write and post as much as I’d like. I must also bury this perfectionist attitude I carry within. What I put out does not have to be the best blog post ever. Nor am I required to put something out every week. I believe that God puts the right words in my mouth when it’s time, especially when sharing about Him.
I ask you this Christmas eve, what are you grateful for?
One reply on “Seven Things I’m Grateful For”
LikeLiked by 1 person