Last month, I celebrated the anniversary of my blog David Speaks. I can’t believe it’s been over a year since I first joined wordpress. This August felt quite a bit reminiscent to my early days of blogging. I say that because I’m back to taking my time with posting. I’ll admit I do love the thrill of posting more than one thing a week, but there is nothing wrong with taking your time. Not posting constantly even gives readers the time to keep up with what write and truly take it in.
Last month, my church brought back the Adventist Youth program to a hour before sunset on Saturdays. I’m happy that we’re making this a thing again because people need to have something to do before sunset, other than just waiting for that clock to tick away so they can get back to their daily lives.
We also started having Vespers services at the church on Friday night. A few years ago, my family and I had vespers with one of our church families in their home. To welcome in the Sabbath, we sang hymns ; gave testimonies; spoke thought provoking messages; and prayed. Now every Friday before sunset, everyone is welcome to go the church to attend as well as host a vespers service.
My goals and hopes for this month are as followed:
- To get outside the house more to be inspired in my writing
- To inspire someone positively however way I can
- To gain more muscle
- To smile more
- To continue job searching for jobs within my field of study
- To not be afraid to
- To complete reading at least two books this month
- To write more when I have free time
- To keep on reading my bible and praying
- To write and share another poem on my blog
- To keep making good choices
How was your August? What are your goals for the month?
I’ll get back to you all later. Have a good Sunday.